Monday, June 20, 2011

Week 86 in Mexico

Hey, I officially am going to write you guys 6 more times!!!! Is that a little weird??? Don't worry I'm not dead. We are still working way hard. I am pretty sure that my comp is going to be assistant. He is so prepared and has learned so much and already comes with a lot of experience. We have a baptism on Friday this week if everything goes well. She needs to pull out this week with the word of wisdom and she will be fine. She has worked so hard up until now and we are going to help her get to that point. And after that point, never do it again. Her name is Yolanda. She is a new convert's wife and she has always wanted to get baptized but she has never had time because she works in hotels and almost always works on Sundays. But right now she is not working so she can go to church. And this last week we were walking and I felt like we needed to knock this door. We knocked and like a 35 year old guy came out and we started talking. And then 1 minute later his wife came out with their 2 little kids. I don't know why but whenever I see a whole family together I always want to sing families can be together forever. So I took out my hymn book and we sung it to them. After they said that that is something that they want but they are not sure if its possible. It turns out that one of their kids died at the age of 2 and they don't know anything about him. The mom, Verónica, began telling us about her belief in God and how she was almost angry with Him because of what happened. As she began telling us that my comp and I both thought of the Joseph Smith story when he is in jail and he begins to question all of the things that are happening to him. My comp whipped it out and read D&C 122 6-9, I think, and as he began to read a different spirit came into the room. I felt it so strongly. And as he read the last verse I knew that the spirit was testifying to them that this is true and that they must persevere in their afflictions. Those feelings are feeling that can't be erased from your memory, that is the spirit. So they went to our baptism on Friday and my comp and I were talking right before the baptism because we were still waiting for people to arrive because they work with Mexican/Lynn Pace time. Haha Anyways we decided to teach them in that momento as they were waiting and show them the font and put a date with them. They accepted a date for the 2nd of July!!!! We still have many things to teach them and they will need our prayers to be able to be prepared by the 2nd but I trust in God that they will be ready. Their names are Julian and Veronica.

I love this work and I will never be able to die here in the field. I love my Savior too much and I love the experiences that I have gained while being here. But most of all I love the experiences that our investigators have been able to have and the experiences they will have in the future as they progress in the Gospel. They will be sealed in the temple, family home evenings etc…. Wow I dont think anyone can realize how much they are doing as they bring one soul to the góspel.
 
Love y'all,
 
Elder Mahas


Here is Sergio.  He got baptized this last week.  And we have one for this week named Yolanda.