Guadalajara
Well, they changed me back to Guadalajara. In a place called Nuevo Mexico, in the lomas stake. It might be the sickest ward in the whole mission. All the members are way sweet and all way pumped to help us out, even more than Guzman. We have an old mission pres in our ward from the Wahaka Mexico Mission, his last name is Ortiz. And my comps name is Elder Day. He is from Wyoming and he is really cool. We are getting along very well. Now I am a zone leader and he is teaching me all the tricks. But its not that hard. We just need to make sure that everyone in our zone is having success because sometimes as leaders we forget about those we are guiding. But we have a sweet zone and we have a goal of 10 for this month. We are going to do it. We already have 2 baptisms in the zone and we are going for more. We have one guy his name is Rosendo. He is like 75 and has smoked for like 50 years and he is now down to 1 cigarrett a day but we are telling him today that this is his last day. He will get baptized in a couple of weeks. We also found a family on Saturday because on Tuesday to Thursday we had meetings all day with the zone leaders and district leaders. So Saturday was really our only day to work. We went with a reference from a sister and her name is Angeles. She has three kids and we told us to come in and she just started telling us her whole story. She said she doesn’t have a husband, he abandoned her and she is barely getting by. She tried to go to the Catholic Church for help and they just shut the doors on her. So we just happened to come in right when she needed help the most. She doesn’t have faith because of all the bad things that have happened to her. We talked about baptism and she said she didn’t know but she said that if she felt good in church then she would change from the Catholic Church. And she felt great!!!! She went yesterday and loved it and loved it because her kids are learning principles that they didn’t know before. I think she will get baptized soon too. Along with her 2 kids.!!!!!
About the package . . . they said that we had to make a copy of our lisence and put it on there so no, it's nothing weird. Don’t worry about it. Even if they were trying to look for me they would go to Utah and I would be nowhere in sight. And I did get those other packages. Thanks for the garments those were very needed. But mom something that is not needed are the family proclamations. Thanks for the thought but we have a billion here in the offices, so don’t bother sending that sort of material down here, your just wasting money because sending boxes isn’t cheap. And I never got a stocking with money. But I got a box with a envelope of money. But if there was another box with a stocking with money then its probably stolen. I only got the stocking with a bunch of candy in it.
One of my new years goals is to do exercise every morning. And other spiritual things. I am going to take all the Christlike attributes and pick one and work on it for a whole month. Like for this month I am working on virtue. And also one of my goals is to make Jessie the best basketball player ever. We are going to go to the ward everyday and I am going to work her to death so she can own when she is a senior and a junior. As I think about it I am so pumped to go play with Jess. haha. She is going to play like the guys play, haha “she wont take no crap off of nobody”.
Hey but I wanted to ask you to help me in something. We were studying principles of the gospel and we were talking about our talents that we have. It says to ask your family to help you recognize your talents. So I want to ask you guys. What you think my talents are, so I can recognize them and develop them even more?
In that card it says that I let her down too but I don’t know how. I feel bad and feel bad that I am not there because I don’t know what to do to help her. She was sooooo sad when I had to leave and she wrote me a note saying that it would be hard to go back to church because I wasn’t there. But I wrote her back asking her how I let her down. But maybe I didn’t understand it right because she wrote it weird. She says she wants to keep away from the church for the gossip!!! Freaking members. I feel like crap and I am thinking of the parable in the seed where it is thrown by the way side and others flourished… gosh!!!!!!!
I love you all and ask you the pray for me and for the work and for the converts and the church down here so the members don’t gossip anymore.